BENZ Biocidal Wash 1L
BENZ Biocidal Wash is the strongest government approved biocide of its type available in the UK and Ireland with a full 50% active ingredient
- Biodegradable and ph neutral, it breaks down rapidly and does not "bio-accumulate"
- It controls biological growths that cause the "dirty" appearance of red, green, and black staining – so surfaces stay cleaner, for longer
It is not affected by hard or mineralised water
- Soft washing using BENZ Biocidal Wash is safe, kind to surfaces, and more cost-effective than power washing alone
BENZ Biocidal Wash is fully approved by both the Irish Pesticides Registration & Control Service and UK Health & Safety Executive for use in Ireland and the UK.
It conforms to the Global Harmonised System (GHS) for product labelling.
And is fully compliant with the EU "REACH" (Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation & restriction of CHemicals) regulations for cleaning exterior hard surfaces.
UK Health & Safety Executive (HSE) approval certificate number: 9936
Irish Pesticide Control Service (PCS) number: 98070
“Our paths were washed and treated with BENZ Biocidal Wash in November 2013. Now 16 months on they are still immaculate and look like they were just done yesterday! There were no streaks like we used to have when we power-washed ourselves and no splashing on the plinth or walls. A truly fabulous job and I highly recommend it.” Aoife Barry, Cork, Ireland
Historic buildings: BENZ Biocidal Wash – along with BENZ Blackwash – is a powerful and yet non-aggressive way to care for the surfaces of our historic properties. It contains no solvents or compounds that could adversely affect the materials or coatings used in these valuable old buildings.
The qualities of Biocidal Wash include
- For professional use only, because of its very high concentration of powerful active ingredient (pure, high quality DDAC as used in hospitals – not a cheap industrial grade)
- Can be used in conjuntion with power washing as a post-treatment, or as a stand alone soft wash solution
- Fully biodegradable.
- Does not bio-accumulate
- Ph neutral, so safe for materials and gentle on people
- Safe for children and pets once dry
- Harmless to all known building materials
- Can be used as a pre-painting primer to kill algae and mould spores before painting
- Is a highly effective wood preserver that controls wet and dry rot on timber buildings, fences and decking
- Up to 8x stronger than biocides sold to the general public
“I am truly impressed by just how clean the pavement slabs are in my drive. I got it cleaned last July and it is now long passed Easter – and following the winter weather it is still unbelievably clean.
"The products used to clean the drive are second to none, so gentle, non-abrasive but remarkably effective. Previously I had my drive power-washed and found that while it was certainly clean afterwards, it did not last through the winter. The whole process was quite harsh and even moved some of the paving slabs. I cannot recommend this product – BENZ Biocidal Wash – highly enough." Muireann Curtin, Cork, Ireland
Application Temperature: We recommend using Biocidal Wash at temperatures no lower than 7 degrees C, as results can be inconsistent below this point.
Biocidal Wash prevents algae, lichen, and fungi damage – allowing surfaces to naturally rejuvenate – and is effective, and safe to use, on
- Slate and tile roofs
- Concrete paths
- "Cobblelock" type paving (we recommend power washing first to clear out the weeds)
- Painted surfaces
- Tarmac drives
- Timber decking, fencing, and sheds
- Plain and coloured render
1 Litre of neat Biocidal Wash makes 40 litres of mix for winter work (40:1) and 50 litres in the summer (50:1).
1 Litre of mix will cover approx 4 square metres. Therefore you can expect 40-50 Litres of mix to cover 160 - 200 square metres.
We put these examples together from our experience to help you order the amount of Biocidal Wash best suited to the contracts you have and expect to gain.
5 litres will clean approximately
- Five average driveways and paths around a house
- Or, three large gable ends
- Or, the walls of one large house
- Or, one roof
We supply orders of 5,12, and 20 Litres in 1L bottles. Orders of 100 Litres and over we ship in 5L containers. We've found this to be the most practical and convenient sizes to use on-site and also conforms to the latest EU regulations.
For example, if you have a 50 litre water tank just pour the entire 1 litre bottle in and you'll automatically have the standard 50:1 dilution.
We've found that using 1 litre bottles reduces on-site spillage and makes measuring accurate quantities easier and faster.
Btw: You may want to keep your empty 1L bottles as when you order large quantities in 5L containers you can decant the contents into 1L bottles to make life easier and quicker on-site.
- For best results store at approximately 20 degrees C (room temperature) and use within 2 years of manufacturing date.
Regretfully, due to restrictions placed upon us by shipping companies, we are unable to deliver to UK offshore locations through our standard shipping arrangements. These include (but are not limited to):
• Isle of Man
• Isle of Wight
• Channel Islands
• Scottish Islands
Orders placed for these locations, and not previously cleared by us, will unfortunately have to be cancelled. If you have a specific item that you need and live within one of these UK areas, feel free to contact us and we'll do our best to help you, but do note that surcharges will have to apply.
WE CANNOT SHIP TO ANY COUNTRY OUTSIDE OF THE UK AND IRELAND
Health & Safety Guidelines
- Do not pour water into undiluted Biocidal Wash. Always half-fill your tank with water, add the required quantity of Biocidal Wash, then complete filling your tank with water.
- NEVER mix Blackwash and Biocidal Wash together as toxic chlorine gas may be produced.
- Always thoroughly rinse application equipment and tanks before changing from Blackwash to Biocidal Wash, and vice-versa.
- The public and animals should be excluded by barriers and tape from areas where spraying, mixing and storage of chemicals is taking place. Children and animals must be excluded from the treated area until the chemical treatment is dry.
- Use respiratory protection in confined spaces: If Biocidal Wash were to be used indoors ( a purpose that is not its intended use and which we do not recommend), or in an external but confined area – appropriate breathing apparatus must be worn.
The purchaser and/or end users are solely responsible for ensuring that these products are used in line with industry Approved Codes of Practice. All operators must be trained in using and applying any Ministry Approved professional product. Always read the label and product information before use. Please be aware that by proceeding you are purchasing a professional biocide product. You must ensure the end user of these products complies with the PCD/HSE Code for the safe use of biocides. By law, everyone who uses biocides professionally must have received adequate training in using biocides safely and be skilled in the job they are carrying out.
Safe working practices: When working with chemicals always keep your equipment and personal protection equipment (PPE) clean. Take care to protect yourself from accidental contact with your eyes and skin. We recommend wearing protective gloves, clothing that covers your whole skin surface, and a full face visor that includes protection for your hair. Wash all PPE with fresh water at the end of the working day.
Always treat a small, obscure test patch on a customer's property before using any chemical cleaning product and obtain your customer's agreement that the effect of the applied chemical is acceptable before cleaning the entire property.
During use and application always adhere to the SDS and follow the product labelling instructions and the product information supplied on this website to ensure protection of our environment and avoidance of injury to humans and animals.